Sunday, January 10, 2010

Going back Down-Under

Our school was fortunate enough to have a family of Aussies do an exchange. It was wonderful having them around. Aussie Mom taught along side of me, while her daughter was privileged enough to be in my class.
Now, their year is up, so the staff is doing a little go-away party for them. On the menu, cookies!

The request was for some kind of baked good, preferably with an Australian or Canadian theme. I choose to do Kangaroo cookies, since they were topical and a favorite among the students.




The cookies themselves are basic sugar cookies, but with maple icing. I realize that most Kangaroos do not have spots, but I could not resist giving them one other tone. Fort Frances will miss you Aussies, but I'm sure you won't miss the cold!

No comments: