Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fort Frances High School Math Olympics

Happy Olympics Everyone!
Hopefully you're enjoying the spirit as much as I am. I'm stuck on the hockey game right now, Canada is winning 7-3 in the 2nd. GO CANADA!

This week past, the Fort Frances High School Math Department decided to hold their first Math Olympics. As a way of congratulating students on a job well done, they ordered some Gold Medal cookies. Here's the pattern that ended up being the final product:


As you can imagine, this was a big order, but it was worth it. The kids were generally quite excited about the cookie. I'm just glad to have my kitchen counters back! This is only a section of the 7doz cookies ordered.

It was really great working with the math teacher, and I was super pleased, as well as she, with the final product. Red Ribbons celebrate success!


Now that the order is out of the way, I will be able to get back to the game! Hopefully everyone gets to enjoy the spirit of the Olympics, even if it is while doing math!

Just one last thing before I go. I woke up early to do a morning practice with the cheer squad today, and decided it was time for some gourmet flavored coffee (Raspberry Chocolate♥). I know, I know, it is certainly not Starbucks, but there is something amazing to be said about the flavor! Anyway, when I poured out the beans today, I smiled a little. They came out all pretty :

Now, after working at Starbucks, I realize two things:1. The beans must have been mixed old/new because the darker beans still contain their oils, while the lighter beans have dried a little (which is bad). 2. Flavored coffee is not at all natural, and is chemically treated. But, still, they were just so pretty! So I will go against all my coffee training, and will simply look at the happy, tasty beans which made an amazing cup of coffee this morning! ♥ I always thought that coffee beans were pretty!

1 comment:

cookies and cups said...

pretty cookies and 7 dozen is A LOT! Great job!