Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes: A.M on a cold day

Happy Sunday all!

I just had to share this quick recipe with you. I've been quite sick for the last week, and have not eaten very much. I decided for breakfast I'd use up the last of my buttercup squash (a sweet squash) to make some Pumpkin pancakes - Yes, you can use any sweet squash for these. I love these pancakes. The idea of having a use for the after-Halloween pumpkin (other than cookies or pie) is a good thing. These pancakes are lightly sweetened, and healthy! Great for a Sunday breakfast with the family.

Pumpkin Pancake Recipe

1 c pumpkin (or sweet squash) puree. 1 lg egg
1 1/2 c milk 2 tsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp vinegar

2 c flour 4 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda 2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp allspice 1/2 tsp ginger
2 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp salt

Directions:

1. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients: Flour, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, brown sugar, baking powder, ginger and salt.
2. Mix wet ingredients: pumpkin, milk, vinegar, egg and oil. beat until smooth.
3. Combine dry ingredients into the wet, gently folding in just enough to combine.
4. Heat a griddle to medium heat. Pour batter onto griddle. Brown both sides, serve.

Hope you all are healthy!

I'm linkin' up with Texas Monkey for other great ideas!

post signature

No comments: