Sunday, April 1, 2012

Butterfly Flower Birthday Cake

So, I had a request from a friend for another Flower Birthday Cake. The sad thing was that this request was made on a Wednesday, so I had to do a little creative changes to make the time work for me. Rather than an elaborate Flower-Box cake, I made a flower-garden cake. The cake design was simple, Strawberry cake with Strawberry Buttercream, topped with Sugar flowers and a Sugar Butterfly.


Since this is for a young girl's Flower Birthday, I wanted to make the flowers POP! The butterfly on top really accents the colors chosen (Purple and Pink). The only direction I got was that the little girl loved strawberries. Well, Sugar Strawberries make a cute accent. I love strawberries on cakes!


For the Flowers I used Cherry Blossoms, Anemones and a few 'accent' made-up flowers (Click for Tutorials). The colors do not lend themselves to 'reality' flowers, but the effect is just as cute!


 
Okay, First Blog post since the new upgrade to Blogger. I've got to say, I don't quite like it. The images are difficult to past, and I have to go into the HTML editor to delete useless code and get between the images. What a strange and sad change.I would love to complain, but who would listen. Any other bloggers feel the same? I hope so! Maybe I'm missing something......

Hope everyone has a great week. Easter is coming!

 post signature

3 comments:

Butter Hearts Sugar said...

Your flowers look beautiful and the butterfly is stunning! I'm sure the Birthday girl was over the moon.

Unknown said...

I love the cake. I use blogger too and have the same problems. Didn't plan on trying to be a programmer just to get the formatting to look right. Let me know if you come up with any solutions.

One thing I've found, is adding the photos last seems to make things work better!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

Your flowers are stunning!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF - have a GREAT week =-)
Beth